Monday, March 14, 2016

Kanarraville Falls

I loved this hike with my daughter and her son. It’s a moderate to difficult hike, but not horrendous. Part of the hike is on a path, and some through the water.




The first time you need to choose, chose the water. If not, you’ll find yourself balancing, or sitting down and scooting across a pipe over a ravine. (Our pictures of it didn’t come out.)

If you plan to visit southern Utah, I highly recommend hiking Kanarraville falls after hiking the Narrows in Zion.






Do NOT attempt either one if there is a chance of rain. Not even a 5% chance.

Kanarraville Falls is more adventurous, what’s more it’s free. Just take the Kanarraville off-ramp from I 15 between St. George and Cedar City. Follow the road east to the town. Look for the small sign that points the way.




We went up the first ladder, including my 6 year-old grandson. The falls were outstanding. I managed to tweak my ankle and jerk my back when I fell, but on the doctor’s scale 1-10 for pain, I was about a .4, so I continued on.




Was it easy? No. Was it worth the effort absolutely yes! Not everything in life is easy, the truly important and exhilarating things are hard, but enjoyable at the same time.






No comments:

Post a Comment