Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Tree Goo

The following recipe was given to me by my friend, Merrilee Boyack author. Her most recent book is 12 Gifts for Christ, available on Amazon or Deseret Book. She got it from anchorman Loren Nancarrow.

This helps keep your tree green throughout the season better than anything else I’ve ever tried.

Christmas Tree Goo

1 gallon warm water
2 cup clear Karo syrup
1/2 cup chlorine bleach
1/2 t 20 Mule Team Borax, at grocers by Tide etc. (If you live in the area, I have about a 2,000 year supply, and I’ll be happy to share.)
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup woolite
Cut 1/2" off trunk, soak 12-24 hours, rinse put in clear water for rest of
season....REMEMBER when moving tree into house to cover the end with a

plastic bag so the solution (with bleach) doesn't drip on your carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment