Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Monday Morning Grandma: Keep Busy

I heard of a few senior citizens that were complaining that life was boring. They play golf 3 or 4 days a week, and have nothing else to do. I can’t imagine that.

I know some of my readers with small families think that might sound great or that it’s so far off this post isn’t for them. They are wrong.

While young, develop an outside interest. You plan financially; do you plan on what you want to be doing? Long hours of doing nothing aren’t as fun as they sound. A few suggestions:
Begin a collection, whatever you are interested in.
Needlework, I hear you guys, but my uncle crocheted. I inherited the tablecloth he made for Mom during World War II.
Volunteer, there are opportunities all around, the library, church, hospital, local food bank, give parents a break and babysit for a couple of hours, care for an invalid to allow the parent/child some time for themselves,  Meals on Wheels, the senior patrol—the list goes on and on.

 Life is too short to sit around and whine there is nothing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment