Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Morning Grandma: Monday after Easter

A few thoughts today; the Monday after Easter: No matter how hard I try, I cannot fully comprehend what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ accomplished with his atonement. He paid the price for our sins. The beginning of my understanding came when I heard a story about a child wanting to buy a gift for his/her mother. I forget the details, but the man in line behind paid the difference between what the child had and the cost of the item. It’s so much more than that. Justice cannot be robbed, yet mercifully He paid the price as long as we repent, and turn from our sinful ways. That sounds so simplistic. I can’t come up with words that express the profound gratitude I feel. He lives, and so will we with Him forever if we but keep the commandments. We must love God above all else, and show that love by the way we treat those around us. We can be with our families. We will know our friends. He accomplished something that nobody else can. When a prophet dies, God chooses another to pick up the mantle. When a company president retires, someone else does the job. There was no secondary plan. Jesus Christ was chosen before we came to this earth. He had to do the job. It was hard, even for him, He asked for the cup to be taken from Him if possible, yet since it wasn’t He drank the bitter cup to the last dregs. I wonder if we will ever be able to comprehend it all. We need to be mindful also of our Heavenly Father, watching His son suffer. They both must love us more than we know to go through it all.

I know this is rambling, but I’m not going to go back and edit.


I know that Jesus Christ is our Lord and our Redeemer. That he suffered in Gethsemane and died on the cross for you and for me. Through Him and Him alone we will also be resurrected, and can live with Him forever. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment