Thursday, November 15, 2012

Going Home

Monday: Drove from Pleasanton to Fresno, CA. Gone are the forests, rivers, and such. Still, every mile brings us closer to home.




Tuesday: Attended the Fresno temple then drove to Valencia, CA, only 2 ½ hours from home. I want to clean everything, so I don’t have to do it at home. I’m also packing as much as possible in plastic bags so we can empty the RV as quickly as possible tomorrow. Besides, we need to dump before returning home. See we do have some trees and rivers that flow all year around. We had a celebratory dinner at Black Angus. Tonight I’m happy, sad, excited, tired, and ready to move forward with my life.





Wednesday: Home at last! We followed our morning routine for the last time. Although my heart was racing, I didn’t rush, and as far as I could tell neither did Dan. Okay, I’ll admit I woke up about 20 minutes early, but we still started out at 9:00 am, our usual time. Thankfully it was an uneventful drive home, even through the outskirts of LA. As an appropriate ending, our refrigerator door flung open once more when we stopped in our driveway. We were surprised when 3 of our daughters, 4 grandchildren, and one son-in-law welcomed us when we arrived. They had a “Welcome Home” banner for us to walk through when we opened the door. The last picture is of our well-worn campground guide. My heart is full.




















No comments:

Post a Comment