Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Morning Grandma: Someday Is Here

We all have things we plan to do, or places we plan on going to “someday.” For my husband and I, someday came last week. In 2009, a foot/bike ribbon bridge, the longest in the US, was built across Lake Hodges. 

The trail goes under the freeway.





 If you look near the foot of the mountain below, you can see the water line.


Okay, dear reader, I know this doesn’t look much like a lake, more like "Forrest Hodges," but we’ve been in a drought here in S. CA. It does fill up, and will with the next El Nino year. In fact it is said, this may be such a winter. But that’s beside the point of this post.



Since 2009 we have planned on hiking across it. We finally did it.


My challenge to you is to make this week “someday.” It doesn’t have to be a big “bucket list” item. This wasn’t, but I had a feeling of accomplishment besides a beautiful hike.


Make the time, you’ll never “have” it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment