Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Morning Grandma--General Conference

After such an inspiring General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I feel the need to mention a few things that inspired me: Just random thoughts without designating who said what because I’m not good at that. I need to redouble my efforts in reading the scriptures daily. I’ve been doing fairly well, but I need to do it every day, even if it means going to bed a few minutes later if I haven’t made time earlier. Same for getting my physical health the best it can be. (One example, if I really don’t have time to go for a walk, a couple of 15 or 20 minutes of walking around the house is better than doing nothing.) Walking where Jesus walked is less important than walking as Jesus walked. Trying to please others before pleasing God is inverting the 1st and 2nd great commandments. It’s hard to pinpoint one, but a few talks reminded me about the importance of taking the sacrament. I plan to make changes in my thoughts at that sacred time. So much more, but I know my readers don’t want a long dialogue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment